At Paul John Whisky, the creation of pure liquid gold with rich aromas, exotic flavours and delectable spices is but an exquisite art. Years of research and study on distillation and the country’s whisky culture convinced Mr Paul P John that he could create a single malt that would present the innumerable hues of India, a single malt made in India not just for Indians to relish but for the whole world to experience- ‘The Great Indian Single Malt’.
Founded in 1996, today with sales of more than 15 million cases, John Distilleries is also the manufacturer of the world’s sixth-largest whisky brand – Original Choice Whisky. Paul John, a single malt whisky from John Distilleries, has been gaining a reputation in the niche market. Its other major brands include Bangalore Malt, Black Pelican Fine Whisky, Mont Castle French Grape Brandy and Big Banyan Wines. Sazerac, the second-largest family-owned spirits company in the US, has taken a strategic investment in John Distilleries.
The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Paul John Bold (46%, OB, 2015)
- Paul John Brilliance (46%, OB, 2018)
- Paul John Classic Select Cask (55.2%, OB, 2018)
- Paul John Edited (46%, OB, 2018)
- Paul John Bold (46%, OB, 2018)
- Paul John Peated Select Cask (55.5%, OB, 2018)
- Paul John Christmas Edition 2020