Paul John 6 Years Old Batch 3 (52.9%, TBWC, 822 Bottles, 2016)
- ABV: 52.9%
- Age: 6 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Category: Indian single malt whisky
- Cost: £97.95
- Origin: John distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
It’s the third batch of Paul John Indian single malt whisky independently bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company! Once again, all of those angels are lining up for their share of some cracking whisky. Geddit? Angels’ share? Because the angels’ share is much greater in India due to the temperature and humidity? Geddit? You geddit.
Batch 3 is a release of 822 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: A rush of Bonfire Night aromas – particularly smoky embers and toffee apples. After a few minutes, the peat becomes ever-so-slightly coastal.
- Palate: Peat isn’t as pronounced as on the nose, with bourbon-y vanilla and milk chocolate taking the lead instead.
- Finish: Peppery peat and squashed blackcurrants.
What I say
An Independently bottled expression from John Distillery in India, producers of the Paul John whisky brand. This has been bottled by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company at 6 years old – factoring for accelerated maturation in the heat of the Indian climate, this matures akin to Bourbon rather than Scotch whisky.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Full amber gold (9/20).
- Nose: Peated and floral, nutty, peanut butter, Reeses pieces, honeysuckle blossom, toffee apple, cinder toffee.
- Taste: Vanilla, peat smoke, ash, peppery, chocolate, blackcurrant,fruity, apple, charcoal, bbq, vanilla & chocolate milkshake, creamy.
- Finish: Long, peaty and sweet, pepper, oak wood and vanilla.
Quite intense and occasionally a little harsh on the palate with the peat influence, however massess of creamy vanilla and rich chocolate work wonders here too!
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Paul John
1 reply »