Luxco’s drive to innovate has quickly allowed us to become one of the top USA-based independent producers of alcohol beverage products as we produce and market a wide array of products across all categories.
In 2015, as our whiskey brands continued to grow and expand, we realized we were going to have to build our own site to service our needs going forward. As such, we began the hunt for our very own distillery site. Kentucky, with its rich southern culture, abundant natural resources of both high-quality grains and fine limestone filtered water, was the natural fit. Building our own distillery represents a natural evolution for Luxco.
We have been steeped in the bourbon business for over forty years, having others distill for us to service our needs. We learned from them and now understand that it is our time to do it ourselves in order to fill the growing demand for our products.
With over 18,000 square feet, 6 barrel warehouses at capacity and a 43-foot custom copper still, Lux Row Distillers is capable of producing 3 million gallons of spirit per year. When fully complete we will have the composite to process 50 thousand barrels of whiskey annually.
With this location producing Rebel Bourbon, Ezra Brooks, David Nicholson, Daviess County and Blood Oath, Lux Row Distillers is a must see on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. It is our pleasure to welcome you to Lux Row Distillers…
Real Roots, Real Family, Real Products
The Whiskyphiles tasting notes:
- Ezra Brooks 99 Bourbon (2021) - Lighter than I had hoped on the nose and palate but very pleasant, comes into it's own later with some deeper and darker wood-derived flavours. 82/100
- Ezra Brooks Straight Rye Whiskey (2020) - Approachable rye whisky, touches of spice and earth from the Rye grains but plenty of sweet vanilla and oak wood influence too, quite enjoyable. 84/100
- Old Ezra 7 Years Old (2020) - A flavour journey rather than destination, plenty of spice and heat but also packed full of vanilla and nutty oak. Superb as it comes but takes a drop of water well if you like it a little calmer. 85/100
- Rebel 10 Years Old Single Barrel Bourbon (2022) - At 10 years old and 50% ABV / 100 proof this is a robust Bourbon offering from Rebel, sweet and cereal spirit from the Wheated mashbill is infused with plenty of wood influences, produced in batches which may vary but will retain this essential nature I suspect. 84/100
- Rebel 100 Bourbon (2021) - Accomplished and unchallenging, smooth and creamy throughout and a nice addition of chocolate makes this one a real nice sipper. 83/100
- Rebel Yell Cognac Cask Finish (2020) - Slightly spiced and dessert-like Bourbon, the cognac cask finish has subdued some of the sweetness and given a richer, woodier and slightly festive spice feel to this one. 85/100