Ezra Brooks 99 Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
What they say
Bottled at an elevated 99 proof for an enhanced flavor profile, this pure, oak-barrel-aged Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey is charcoal filtered for a smooth, mellow finish and features a spicy, ryed bourbon mash bill.
Official tasting notes
- Smooth and drinkable with hints of caramel, vanilla, chocolate, and spice.
What I say
Ezra Brooks Kentucky Bourbon bottled at 99 proof or 49.5% ABV for a little extra kick from Lux Row Distillers, released January 2021.
- ABV 49.5%
- Age NAS
- Bottler Lux Row Distillers
- Bottling Official
- Cask Virgin American oak
- Category Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Cost $25
- Origin Undisclosed
- Outturn Undeclared
- Region US
- Released 2021
- Vintage Undisclosed
My tasting notes
- Appearance Dark amber gold (12/20), quick, numerous medium tears and medium-fine legs.
- Nose Quite light, sweet, cloying vanilla, some buttered popcorn, caramel, woody oak, some wood char, peanut butter, salted caramel and butterscotch.
- Taste Medium-light bodied, caramel, vanilla, creamy and soft brown sugar, caramel coated popcorn, white pepper, cinnamon, dry oak wood, touch chewy and fibrous, peanut brittle, leather and walnut.
- Finish Medium-long, drying and sweet, caramel and dry woody spices.
- Overall Lighter than I had hoped on the nose and palate but very pleasant, comes into it’s own later with some deeper and darker wood-derived flavours.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review