Ezra Brooks Straight Rye Whiskey (45%, OB, 2020)
- ABV: 45%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB, Lux Row Distillers
- Category: Straight Rye Whiskey
- Cost: £30
- Origin: Undisclosed
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
This is a straight rye whiskey from Ezra Brooks, a long-running American whiskey brand. Excellent for enjoying in a Manhattan.
MoM tasting notes:
Nose: Vanilla, cedar, white pepper and some earthy rye spices.
Palate: Layers of white chocolate and fudge, with more of those characteristic rye notes floating through.
Finish: Apricot and banana chips, with a touch of honey.
What I say
Sampled as part of the #LuxRowWhiskey Tweet tasting with Steve @TheWhiskyWire. A straight Rye whiskey bottled under the Ezra Brooks name.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Full amber gold (10/20), large tears and long, fine legs.
- Nose: Sweet & Spiced, Vanilla, pepper, toffee, caramel, maple syrup and pecan nuts, a hint of latte coffee, peppermint and eucalyptus.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, thick and oily on the palate, vanilla and molten white chocolate, spiced ryebread, a little earthy, some clove and eucalyptus oil.
- Finish: Long, drier and more fibrous, woody oak, tobacco leaf
Approachable rye whisky, touches of spice and earth from the Rye grains but plenty of sweet vanilla and oak wood influence too, quite enjoyable.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review