History The Longmorn Distillery Company was founded in 1893 by John Duff, Charles Shirres and George Thomson. Duff was a former manager of the Glendronach Distillery and the Bon Accord Distillery in Aberdeen, and was the founder of the Glenlossie Distillery, as well as being involved with unsuccessful distilleries in Cape Town and the USA. Longmorn Distillery started production in December 1894. Three years later John Duff built the Benriach Distillery next to Longmorn, but both were affected by the collapse of wholesale buyers Pattison, Elder and Co. in 1898. Duff was ruined by the collapse, and Longmorn Distilleries Company Ltd. passed through a variety of ownerships.
In 1970, Longmorn joined The Glenlivet and Glen Grant to form The Glenlivet Distillers Ltd. This was bought by Chivas Brothers in 1978 and in 2001 Chivas Brothers was acquired by the French Pernod Ricard Group.
The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Longmorn 15 Years Old 2005 Distillery Reserve Collection (2021)
- Longmorn 16 Years Old (2014)
- Longmorn 18 Years Old 1995 Cask Strength Edition (2014)
Berry Bros & Rudd
- Longmorn 11 Years Old 2009 Strictly Limited (2020)
- Longmorn 13 Years Old 1996 Vintage Collection (2014)
- Longmorn 23 Years Old 1991 Celebration of the Cask (2019)
Gordon & MacPhail
- Longmorn 1967 Speyside Collection (2017)
- Longmorn 57 Years Old 1961 Cask 508 (2018)
- Longmorn 57 Years Old 1961 Cask 512 (2018)
Scotch Malt Whisky Society
That Boutique-Y Whisky Company