Longmorn 15 Years Old 2005 Distillery Reserve Collection (61.2%, OB, 2020)
- ABV: 61.2%
- Age: 15 Years Old
- Bottling: Distillery Reserve Collection
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £90
- Origin: Longmorn distillery
- Vintage: 2005
What they say
This Longmorn single malt is aged for 15 years in a butt that previously held sherry, resulting in strong flavours rich in dried fruits and spice. Bottled at a cask strength of 61.2% and non-chill filtered, this is a seasoned malt lover’s delight.
Official tasting notes:
Rich sherry influence on the nose, with strong aromas of milk chocolate raisins, plum jam and baked cinnamon buns. On the palate rich dark chocolate, plums, toffee, and hazelnut praline marry together with lemon zest and cloves for a long, dry and spicy finish.
What I say
Bottled for the Distillery Reserve Collection and released in 2020. This Longmorn expression has spent 15 years maturing in a 1st Fill Sherry Butt #18103.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark brown with ruby highlights (16/20), medium tears and legs.
- Nose: Fruits, dried fruits, raisin, nutty, walnut, almond, dried strawberry & cherry, cinnamon, tobacco leaf, date loaf, dried fruit & nut mix, malt loaf, Dundee cake.
- Taste: Full-bodied and rounded, juicy red fruits, quince, figs, dates, caramel, vanilla, touch of spiced cinnamon, nutty and a touch earthy, pecan and walnut, chocolate, woody oak
- Finish: Long, sweet. baking spices and chocolate.
Quite heady and spicy with lots of lovely sherry influence, dried fruit, raisins and nuttiness.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply