Longmorn 11 Years Old 2009 Carn Mor Strictly Limited (47.5%, Carn Mor, 1st Fill Bourbon, 830 Bottles, 2020)
- ABV: 47.5%
- Age: 11 Years Old
- Bottling: Carn Mor, Strictly Limited
- Category: Speyside single malt Scotch whisky
- Cost: £55.95
- Origin: Longmorn distillery
- Vintage: 2009
What they say
A gloriously tropical indie Longmorn here, distilled in 2009 and left for over a decade in first-fill bourbon barrels! After 11 years, Càrn Mòr emptied the casks and bottled the Speysider up for its Strictly Limited range, with 830 bottles released at 47.5% ABV.
Official tasting notes:
Tropical fruits, fresh vanilla pods and juicy stone fruits leaving a mouth-watering finish.
What I say
Celebrating Carn Mor’s relaunched range as parent Co. changes from Morrison & Mackay to Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers. The owners and operators of Aberargie distillery have revamped the three Carn Mor ranges; Strictly Limited, Celebration of the Cask and Family Reserve.
This post was sponsored by Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers by provision of a sample of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Bright champagne gold (5/20), medium-fine tears and fine legs.
- Nose: Sweet and floral, fruity and vanillic, tropical papaya, pineapple, peach and apricot, light honey sweetness, earthy vanilla pods, apple and faint biscuity cereals.
- Taste: Smooth, medium-full bodied, gently sweet, vanilla, biscuity cereal, sharpness of crisp green apples, peach, banana and coconut, some citrus zest and dry spiced cinnamon, pear drops and foam banana sweeties.
- Finish: Long, sweet and a touch vaporous, drying and gently spiced.
A very drinkable expression full of vanilla and fruits and reasonably wood light, more tropical on the nose than the palate.
Don’t take my word for it:
Top Whiskies reviews Longmorn 2009 Carn Mor
Bloggers submit link to your review
Great review, I found a lot of similar notes. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Cheers, Ed
LikeLiked by 2 people