The Whiskyphiles; the premier blog for whisky reviews, new releases, and whisky news!
Be amongst the first to know about our weekly new whisky releases!
Explore our most recent articles:
- Whisky New Releases 2017 Week 20 (5/21/2017) - Whisky New Releases 2017 Week 20 Welcome to The Whiskyphiles New Releases, our weekly report on the best of both the official and independently bottled whisky recently released. Our top picks this week are: The Macallan 18 Year Old 2017 Release 18 yo Macallan – famously described as the Rolls Royce of whisky by Michael […]
- Starward New World Malt Whisky ~ 40% (New World) (5/20/2017) - Whisky Review: Starward New World Malt Whisky Category: Australian single malt whisky Origin: New World Whisky Distillery Bottling: Starward ABV: 43% Cost: £46.00 buy from Master of Malt What they say: Matured solely in Australian red wine barrels, this single malt represents a unique integration of our local barley, climate and innovative approach to producing whisky. Balanced […]
- Whisky New Releases 2017 Week 19 (5/14/2017) - Whisky New Releases 2017 Week 19 Welcome to The Whiskyphiles New Releases, our weekly report on the best of both the official and independently bottled whisky recently released. Our top picks this week are: Jack Ryan Beggars Bush 15 Year Old The Bourdega Sherry finished Jack Ryan Irish Whiskey Tormore 14 Year Old 2002 Private […]
- The Kracken Black Spiced Rum ~ 40% (Kraken) (5/12/2017) - Rum Review: The Kracken Black Spiced Rum Category: Carribean Black Spiced Rum ABV: 40% Cost: £25.63* from Master of Malt What they say: As it is told, The Kraken Rum is an imported rum from the Caribbean blended with secret spices. Named for the sea beast of myth and legend, The Kraken Rum is strong, […]
- Michel Couvreur Candid ~ 49% (Michel Couvreur) (5/12/2017) - Whisky review: Michel Couvreur Candid Category: Blended Scotch Whisky Origin: Scotland Bottling: Michel Couvreur ABV: 49% Cost: £117.33 from Master of Malt What they say: In the 1950’s Michel Couvreur, originally from Belgium, landed in Burgundy and made and marketed wine there. He took frequent trips to England and Scotland where he sold his wine, […]
- Willett 6 Year Old Family Estate Single Barrel Rye #124 ~ 58.7% (Kentucky Distillers) (5/9/2017) - Whisky review: Willett 6 Year Old Family Estate Single Barrel Rye #124 Category: US Rye Whiskey Origin: Willet Distillery Bottling: Willet Family Estate Bottling ABV: 58.7% Cost: $79.99 What they say: Willet Family Estate Bottled Rye tasting notes We need more Rye to drink, so this is a great edition to the market. Even a […]
- Dewars 18 Year Old Travel Retail Exclusive ~ 40% (Dewars) (5/9/2017) - Whisky Review: Dewars 18 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky Category: Blended Scotch Whisky Origin: Aberfeldy, Aultmore, Craigellachie, Macduff, Royal Brackla amongst others Bottling: Dewars, Travel Retail Exclusive ABV: 40% Cost: $99 per Litre What they say: Dewar’s has been making whiskies of great age since our founder John Dewar first realised leaving his Scotch in wooden […]
- Bladnoch Samsara ~ 46.7% (Bladnoch) (5/8/2017) - Whisky Review: Bladnoch Samsara Category: Lowland single malt scotch whisky Origin: Bladnoch Distillery Bottling: Bladnoch ABV: 46.7% Cost: £74.03 from Master of Malt What they say: Bladnoch Samsara A tribute to the rebirth of our 200 year old distillery. Our award winning Master Distiller Ian MacMillan hand selects every cask to bring together this luscious […]
- Glen Garioch 15 Year Old 1998 Wine Cask Matured ~ 48% (Morrison Bowmore) (5/8/2017) - Whisky Review: Glen Garioch 15 Year Old 1998 Wine Cask Matured Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky Origin: Glen Garioch Distillery Bottling: Morrison Bowmore ABV: 48% Cost: £91.37 from Master of Malt What they say: 1998 Wine Cask Matured 48% ABV Bottled: 2014 No. Bottles: 6000 This small batch release has been exclusively matured in […]
- Balmenach 10 Years Old 2005 Cask 11247 Provenance ~ 46% (Douglas Laing) (5/8/2017) - Whisky Review: Balmenach 10 Years Old 2005 Cask 11247 Provenance Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky Origin: Balmenach Distillery Bottling: Douglas Laing, Provenance ABV: 46% Cost: £41.50 from Douglas Laing or £35.33 from Master of Malt What they say: Douglas Laing’s Provenance Single Malts are bottled exactly as the distiller intended – without colouring and without […]