Tamdhu Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky Aged 12 Years
1. What they say
Pour yourself a dram of our 12-year-old expression and you’ll appreciate why we mature our spirit entirely in the finest sherry oak casks.
The luxury box reveals the stylish bottle, allowing the natural amber spirit to shine from within. You’ll taste the intense richness on the palate and enjoy the deep, long finish it delivers.
So sit back and savour.https://www.tamdhu.com/tamdhu-12-year-old
2. Official tasting notes
- Cinnamon, dried fruit, ground spice, berry jam and a faint hint of mint. Only released when the exact Tamdhu fruit intensity notes are mastered.
- ABV 43%
- Age 12 Years Old
- Bottler OB
- Bottling Tamdhu 12
- Cask Sherry
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £54
- Origin Tamdhu Distillery
- Region Speyside
- Released 2018
4. What I say
This 12 Year old expression was launched in 2018 by Tamdhu, using a combination of first fill and refill sherry oak casks for maturation.
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Colour Orange gold (12/20), fine tears and legs.
- Nose Toffee, mid sweet, a touch of wood smoke or cask char, orange zest and oil, raisins, sherry, fruit and nut/trail mix, some woody cinnamon spice.
- Taste Light-medium bodied, silky and creamy toffee, banoffee pie, malty cereals, biscuity, shortbread, red berry fruits and jam, cinnamon rock, Scottish tablet and toffee-nut latte.
- Finish Medium-long, spiced cinnamon and fruit & nut mix.
Light and silky Tamdhu spirit reveals it’s fruitiness whilst being well balanced with sherry cask maturation. Really quite moreish.
Leave a Reply