Evan Williams White Label Bottled in Bond 100 proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon whiskey
1. What they say
Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond is aged under government supervision and meeting the exact requirements for a Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon. It has all the kick you expect—but still goes down smooth.https://evanwilliams.com/bottled-in-bond-bourbon?cta=bottled-in-bond
2. Official tasting notes
- Nose: Caramel with hints of vanilla, oak, and barley
- Taste: Citrus on top of vanilla, and black pepper
- Finish: Warm, long, and dry
- ABV 50%
- Age NAS
- Bottler OB
- Bottling White Label
- Cask American Oak
- Category Kentucky straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Cost £35
- Origin Heaven Hill Distillery
- Region Kentucky, USA
4. What I say
Following on from Woodford Reserve’s Double Oaked expression I opted for Evan Williams White Label. Bourbon Bottled in Bond at 100 proof / 50% ABV this is Black Label ‘Cask strength’ version. I found this a little spirity and spicy with plenty of black pepper but still held a decent residual sweetness to keep it enjoyable.
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Colour Golden brown (12/20) medium tears and legs.
- Nose Woody and cereal, woody spices, maize, sweet vanilla, cinnamon rolls, some caramelised sugars and milk chocolate.
- Taste Smooth and soft for its ABV, leads with sweeter notes of caramel and honey, soft spices drift into cinnamon rolls, vanilla, cracked black pepper, milk chocolate, marzipan, fudge – rum & raisin.
- Finish Long, drying and spiced with a residual sweetness.
Presented at a higher ABV I enjoyed this much more than Evan Williams Black Label, there is plenty of peppery nature to it and a depth of sweetness to keep it interesting.
7. Score 83/100
Categories: America, Evan Williams
Leave a Reply