Region: Speyside, Scotland.
Water source: Local springs
Stills: 3x Wash 3x Spirit
Capacity: 4 million litres per annum
Dufftown distillery is a distiller of Scotch whisky in Dufftown, Banffshire, Scotland.
Founded in 1895 as “Dufftown-Glenlivet Distillery”, the distillery is currently owned by Diageo. The distillery operates six stills and has a capacity of 4,000,000 litres per year. It has three wash stills with a capacity of 13.100 liters and three spirit stills with a capacity of 15.300 liters.
Its Speyside whisky is a component in Arthur Bell & Sons Ltd’s blended bottlings.
It also markets single malt scotch whiskies under the names “Singleton of Dufftown” and “Dufftown Aged 15 Years”.
Other active distilleries in Dufftown include Balvenie, Glendullan, Glenfiddich, Kininvie and Mortlach.
Dufftown whisky reviews:
- Dufftown 18 Year Old 1995 – Old Particular ~ 48.4% (Douglas Laing) - Dufftown 18 Year Old 1995 – Old Particular (Douglas Laing) 48.4% ABV, ~£60 launching December 2013 Score: 90/100 What they say: The Dufftown 18 Years Old from the Old Particular range is due to […]
- The Singleton of Dufftown 12 Years Old ~ 40% (Diageo) - Review: The Singleton of Dufftown 12 year old single malt scotch whisky Dufftown Distillery – Diageo 40% ABV £32.45 for 70cl from Master of Malt Score: 83/100 What they say: THE SINGLETON […]
- The Singleton of Dufftown Spey Cascade ~ 40% (Diageo) - The Singleton of Dufftown Spey Cascade Single malt scotch whisky 40% ABV, £25 for 70cl Score: 82/100 What they say: Our signature single malt, smooth rich and perfectly balanced with notes of […]
- The Singleton of Dufftown Sunray ~ 40% (Diageo) - Review: The Singleton of Dufftown Sunray single malt scotch whisky Dufftown Distillery – Diageo 40% ABV £39.89 for 70cl from Master of Malt Score: 82/100 What they say: THE SINGLETON OF DUFFTOWN SUNRAY […]
- The Singleton of Dufftown Tailfire ~ 40% (Diageo) - Review: The Singleton of Dufftown Tailfire Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky Origin: Dufftown Distillery Bottling: Official – Diageo ABV: 40% Cost: £30.05 from Master of Malt What they say: A vibrant […]