Dufftown-Glenlivet 10 Years Old Original Collection
- ABV: 46%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: Cadenhead’s, Original Collection
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £?
- Origin: Dufftown distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Alcohol: 46% ABV
Volume: 700 mlWood
Type: Bourbon + PX Sherry
Bottled Date: Sep 2020
Tasting Room: Great depth, sweetness and complexity from the mix of both sherry and bourbon casks.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Danish pastry, geraniums, toasted oats and caramelised brown sugar.
Flavour: Raisin and rum ice cream, fruit loaf, sultanas.
Finish: Slightly tannic, cigar boxes, rock salt.
What I say
Dram #3 from Water of Life Society Tasting 103 Scotch Whisky Regions. OK with this much colour and definite sherry influence the majority of opinion was for Speyside.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Old Bordeaux (15/20), quick, medium tears and medium legs.
- Nose: Sherry, raisin, rum, rum & raisin fudge, woody, clove, balsamic vinegar (acetic), black and red fruits.
- Taste: Rich, nutty, gingerbread, sherry, brambles, woody spices; clove, chocolate, dates, figs, light coffee, molasses.
- Finish: Medium-long, red fruits dipped in chocolate.
Obviously sherried and a little acetic/vinegary on the nose, more confusing on the palate but I guess as a mixture of ex-Boubon and PX sherry casks were used this threw me a little bit. Pretty safe and sound for a well-sherried speyside dram.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review