- Founded: 2015
- Status: Operational
- Region: London, England
- Online: http://bimberdistillery.co.uk/
History The distillery was formally established in 2015, although it took over a year for us to assemble the bespoke equipment and get the necessary permits and clearance. Initially we launched a London Dry Gin and range of Fruit-Infused Vodkas, with the first batch of the London Single Malt Whisky being distilled in May 2016. We have already received multiple awards for our Bimber Originals range – including our London Dry Gin; Oak-Aged Vodka & Fruit Infused Vodka and continue to innovate with exciting new products for the UK’s burgeoning spirits movement.
Early in 2018, we launched The London Classics – which were born out of our desire to challenge the status quo of what is traditionally found in the ‘speed rail’ and availability as house pour spirits. Habitually dominated by mainstream spirits owned by global companies; the house pour spirit market to date has consisted of mass-produced, uniformed and tasteless spirits . Frustrated with this lack of creativity, individuality and value for money, we set about creating a unique London Vodka and London Dry Gin to challenge the norm and reintroduce character and flavour into the consumer’s glass. Initially we have seen huge success with The London Classics – stealing market share from huge brands such as Absolut Vodka and Beefeater Gin. The production and sales of our gin and vodka brands support the business whilst we are distilling and maturing The London Single Malt – which is our long-term goal – for us it is all about creating a young whisky that can make its mark on the global stage !
The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Bimber New Make Spirit (2018) - Bimber New Make Spirit review: For a new make spirit this is remarkably non-lactic and has only a tinge of metallic influence on the palate. Remarkably drinkable at cask filling strength and reasonably robust and tasty too. A promising start!
- Bimber 2 Years Old Signature (2018) - London Single Malt Spirit Signature 2 Years Old review: This exuberant 2 year old mixture has certainly developed some flavour that hides its youth. The combination of dried fruit, nut and oak wood calls to mind vintage cars with leather seats and walnut dashboards and a good pipe smoker sat in the passenger seat next to you. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this is headed. 83/100
- Bimber 2 Years Old Sherry Cask (2018) - London Single Malt Spirit Sherry 2 Years Old review: A delicious 2 year old PX matured sample suggest this first 'Sherry Cask Matured' expression that is going to be full of the classic nut, toffee and chocolate flavours that PX bestows. 88/100
- Bimber 2 Years Old Port Cask (2018) - London Single Malt Spirit Port 2 Years Old review: Diminishing, from nose to finish. The nose is there or thereabouts, even a lovely musty wood smell that suggest old Port maturing in the cellars. The palate still carries a little tin from the new make spirit though the finish is balanced just right. Given time this is going to be a Port-lovers (or Port matured whisky-lovers) dream! 85/100