London Single Malt Spirit Signature 2 Years Old (46%, OB, Batch 001, 2018)
- Category: Single Malt Spirit
- Origin: Bimber distillery
- Bottling: OB
- ABV: 46%
- Cost: £6 for 5cl
What they say
We are releasing a small test batch of our London Signature, the flagship blend of Bimber Distillery’s London Single Malt Whisky at six months old and 46% ABV.
Alongside our new-make spirit, this test batch is the next step in our journey to releasing our London Single Malt Whisky in 2019.
I is a unique, complex and rounded combination of our first fill ex-Bourbon, ex P•X Sherry & Virgin American Oak aged whiskies.
English barley, floor malted in the old-fashioned way, creating a unique malt of outstanding quality.
Double distilled in traditional copper alembic stills for a refined & complex new-make spirit.
Matured in specially selected casks at Bimber Distillery, London.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Warm malty cereal with vanilla and smoky dried fruits, with smoked nuts.
- Palate: Malted fruit loaf, hot milk, candied tropical fruits. Rich and warm smoke with a touch of chocolate.
- Finish: Soft honey, vanilla and tobacco
What I say
Thanks to Bimber distillery for the sample
Originally released at 6 months old, this 46% ABV Signature edition is made from marrying Bimber single malt spirit matured in ex-Bourbon, ex-Sherry and Virgin oak casks together. Now at 2 years old, this will eventually carry the label whisky after 3 years.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Yellow gold (7/20), oily, quick, medium-sized tears leave slightly finer legs.
- Nose: Heady, sweet candy floss aromas, strawberries and cream, pipe smoke and tobacconist shops, oak wood, leather, heavily iced and marzipan bound fruit cake; Wedding cake, a thick and sickly sweet chocolate sauce.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, warming, molten toffee and caramel, and charred marshmallows melt on the palate, the dried fruit is much sharper on the palate, including raisins with hints of blackcurrant and cranberries, liqourice root dipped in dark chocolate and some drying nut, reminds me of brazil nut or pistachio inner-coating/skin.
- Finish: Medium, a burst of tobacco smoke, leaves a slightly drying, tannic and nutty oak balance with honey.
This exuberant 2 year old mixture has certainly developed some flavour that hides its youth. The combination of dried fruit, nut and oak wood calls to mind vintage cars with leather seats and walnut dashboards and a good pipe smoker sat in the passenger seat next to you. I’m really looking forward to seeing where this is headed.
Shop for London Single Malt Spirit Signature (opens Bimber distillery shop)
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply