Springbank 10 Years Old
What they say
Our 10-year-old offers whisky drinkers the perfect introduction to the Springbank range. Matured in a combination of bourbon and sherry casks, it is perfectly balanced from the first sip through to the full, rich finish.
Official tasting notes
- Nose: Orchard fruit (pear) with a hint of peat, vanilla and malt.
- Palate: Malt, oak, spice, nutmeg and cinnamon, vanilla essence.
- Finish: Sweet, with a lingering salty tingle.
What I say
- ABV 46%
- Age 10 Years Old
- Bottler Official
- Bottling Springbank 10
- Cask Bourbon & Sherry
- Category Single malt Scotch whisky
- Cost £45
- Origin Springbank Distillery
- Outturn undisclosed
- Region Campbeltwon
- Released 2021
- Vintage Undeclared
My tasting notes
- Appearance dark amber gold (11/20) oily, slow, medium tears and thick legs.
- Nose Dusty, coal dust & sherry dried fruits, raisins, vanilla, malty, molasses, treacle, wood char, orange zest and sherbet, meaty, briny scallops and leather.
- Taste Smooth malty sugars, sweet fruits, apple, pear, plum and raisin, soft oaky wood, toasted almonds, frangipane tart, cigar boxes, butterscotch, smoky and salted caramel.
- Finish Medium-long, toasted barley, wood and peat smoke, sea-spray.
- Overall Yum, a super expression with salt, smoke, sherry and barley malt influences throughout. A complex classic Campbeltown.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review