Blair Athol 10 Years Old 2009 Cask 307362
What they say:
This indie Blair Athol was bottled up by James Eadie! Distilled in 2009, it spent its decade of maturation in a single re-charred hogshead, until it was bottled at a generous 56.2% ABV.
What I say
A 10 Year old single cask Blair Athol bottled by James Eadie whisky as part of their Autumn 2020 single cask releases. Distilled in 2009 and matured for 10 years in a single recharred hogshead before bottling at cask strength of 56.2% ABV.
- ABV 56.2%
- Age 10 Years Old
- Bottler James Eadie
- Bottling Single Cask
- Cask Recharred Hogshead
- Category Single Malt Whisky
- Cost £55
- Origin Blair Athol Distillery
- Outturn 317 bottles
- Region Highland
- Released 2020
- Vintage 2009
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Yellow gold (8/20), medium-fine tears and long, fine legs.
- Nose Sweet, honey, golden syrup, dry milled malted barley, polish, citrus, lemon, grapefruit, rose, lychee, baked apple & pear.
- Taste Lemon barley sugars, golden syrup, pineapple, lemon & ginger cake, white pepper, oak wood, rosewater, lemon & rose Turkish delight.
- Finish Long, sweet, peppery oak, pineapple, citrus and soft spices.
- Overall A rather citric, juicy and fruity and a touch floral Blair Athol accented with woody oak from the rechar cask, quite unusual to sample Blair Athol naked of sherry cask influence.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Blair Athol, Highland
Leave a Reply