Mortlach 17 Years Old 1997 The Un-Chillfiltered Collection Casks 7176
What they say
17 year old Mortlach single malt Scotch whisky, matured in a single hogshead cask from June 1997 to May 2015. It was bottled as part of Signatory’s Un-Chillfiltered Collection, and as such, it has been left alone in all its non-chill-filtered goodness.
What I say
The first of a pair of 17yo 1997 UCF single cask Mortlach expressions bottled by Signatory.
- ABV 46%
- Age 17 Years Old
- Bottler Signatory
- Bottling The Un-Chillfiltered Collection
- Cask Hogshead
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £60
- Origin Mortlach distillery
- Outturn ?
- Region Speyside
- Released 2015
- Vintage 1997
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Mid gold (7/20) rare, slow, medium-fine tears and fine legs.
- Nose Sugary and woody, soft, copper metallic, vanilla, malt, fruity tangerine and grapefruit, peach, soft toffee or fudge, caramel, apple, pear.
- Taste Medium-full bodied, smooth and creamy then zesty, fruity apple, pear, peach, papaya, some citrus, grapefruit, pineapple, rich vanilla fudge, malty, copper, toffee a touch waxy in places.
- Finish Long, vaporous then peppery oak wood, softened fruits and caramel or toffee.
- Overall Another lovely fruity and spirit-forward Mortlach, some obvious vanilla/bourbon influence here but works well together, great mouthfeel on this one and the odd metallic note here and there.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt