Mortlach 17 Years Old 1997 The Un-Chillfiltered Collection Casks 12849
What they say
Single cask Mortlach single malt, bottled by Signatory without any chill-filtration whatsoever. This Speyside whisky was distilled in October 1997 and left to age in a single hogshead cask for 17 years, until October 2014. It was bottled with an outturn of 401 bottles.
What I say
Another 17 year old UCF Mortlach from Signatory.
- ABV 46%
- Age 17 Years Old
- Bottler Signatory
- Bottling The Un-Chillfiltered Collection
- Cask Hogshead
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £60
- Origin Mortlach distillery
- Outturn 401 bottles
- Region Speyside
- Released 2015
- Vintage 1997
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Pale gold (3/20), slow-forming, medium-fine tears and fine legs.
- Nose More neutral and less sweet than the last one, soft fruits and a touch of damp & musty oak wood, coconut, slightly floral, apple blossom, apple, pear, hints of malt and honey.
- Taste Medium-full bodied, creamy, thick mouthfeel, vanilla, white pepper, citrus peel, peach skin, pear, apple, thick throughout but not overly diverse on the palate.
- Finish Long, coppery metallic, citrus peel, oak wood, neutral sweet.
- Overall Rather underwhelming this one, I suspected this was perhaps a 3rd or 4th refill cask as only exhausted oak wood notes come out.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply