Nantou 4 Years Old Batch 1
- ABV: 49%
- Age: 4 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, Batch 1, 324 Bottles
- Category: Taiwanese single malt whisky
- Cost: £69.95
- Origin: Nantou distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
It’s the first batch of Nantou single malt Taiwanese whisky to be bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company! This bourbon-cask-matured 4 year old expression was produced at the Nantou Distillery, which first started to make whisky back in 2008 (though the company has been around since the 1970s). The label of this one shows off the particularly breathtaking Sun Moon Lake in Taiwan, and keen ornithologists will be sure to spot the pair of blue magpies flapping around too…
Batch 1 is release of 342 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: A burst of mango and papaya, followed by clean orange, mellowed by toffee and cask char.
Palate: Softly malty, with continued tropical fruit brightness and waves of honey.
Finish: Tangy lychee and creamy vanilla.
What I say
Another first thanks to That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, this time from Nantou distillery in Taiwan, producers of Omar whisky.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Bright gold (7/20), numerous fine tears and fine legs.
- Nose: Fruity, sweet, mixed fruits, lemon citrus, golden syrup, heather honey, fresh apple, pear, mango, banana, pinapple.
- Taste: Light bodied, spicy, cayenne pepper, black pepper, mace, golden syrup, hot toddy, lemon, honey, vanilla, pastry, biscuits, ginger snaps, pineapple in syrup and a touch of woody oak.
- Finish: Medium-long, sweet and spiced, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Lovely fruity aroma and also on the palate but much too spiced for my liking, quite sharp/prickly.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review