Talisker 2007 Distillers Edition (45.8%, OB, TD-S: 5TF, 2017)
- ABV: 45.8%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: OB, Diageo
- Category: Island single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £49.95 from Master of Malt
- Origin: Talisker Distillery
- Vintage: 2007
What they say
There’s near perfection in the bitter-sweet harmony which is such an enthralling feature of this truly classic whisky, as its crisp peat softens, not to pepper, but to rich, sweet, juicy fruit.
A legendary expression from the oldest distillery on Skye.
Official tasting notes:
- Appearance: Chestnut brown.
- Nose: This is beautiful stuff. Extremely sharp and well focused; no lingering, rambling smoke here. There is also a quite wonderful sultana sweetness. One of the most tantalising sherry noses you can find – certainly the cleanest. Remarkable – the stuff of legend.
- Body: Full bodied, clean yet rich.
- Taste: In brief… Brilliant, clean marriage of peat and rich sweetness. In a sentence… There’s near perfection in the bitter-sweet harmony which is such an enthralling feature of this truly classic whisky, as its crisp peat softens, not to pepper, but to rich, sweet, juicy fruit.
- Palate: A magnificent start – the peat, crisp at first, softens to enormous richness in the mouth, then wafts around the palate with sweet, roasty malt and a heathery dryness. The sherry keeps back Talisker’s usual pepper, replacing it with luscious, slightly oily sweetness – ripe, juicy fruit and vanilla.
- Finish: Deep cocoa notes, magnificent vanilla and lingering, earthy peat. Enormously chewable and from beginning to last exemplary in balance between sweet and dry, with sweetness always having the slight edge.
What I say
Another sampling of Talisker’s Distillers Edition, this time a 2007 vintage bottled in 2017.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Old Bordeaux (16/20), large tears and well-defined, medium legs.
- Nose: Sweet and smokey, cloying tarry peat smoke, jammy red fruits, toasted granary bread, malty barley, plum, strawberry, redcurrant, slightly floral.
- Taste: Rich, thick and malty, red fruits, raisin, plum, salinity and smoke follow, dark chocolate dipped strawberries, redcurrant, elderberry and more earthy dark chocolate covered coffee beans.
- Finish: Long, sweet and malty, cocoa, salt and smoke.
A lovely expression full of dark, rich, fruity malt and salty smoke, superb.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt