Bruichladdich 21 Years Old 1992 (49.7%, Duncan Taylor, Cask #3987, 214 Bottles, 2014) Dimensions
- ABV: 49.7%
- Age: 21 Years Old
- Bottling: Duncan Taylor, Dimensions, Cask #3987
- Category: Islay single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £discontinued
- Origin: Bruichladdich distillery
- Vintage: 1992
What they say
21 year old single malt Scotch whisky from the Bruichladdich distillery on Islay, bottled by Duncan Taylor. This is a single cask release from the Dimensions range, made to show off the multi-dimensional selection Duncan Taylor has to offer. The Bruichladdich cask was laid down in December 1992 and bottled in March 2014 with an outturn of 214 bottles.
What I say
An independently bottled Bruichladdich, distilled in 1992 and matured for 21 years before bottling by Duncan Taylor as part of their Dimensions series. Distilled 12/1992 and bottled 03/2014.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Pale champagne gold (3/20), medium-large tears, finer legs.
- Nose: Closed, dry and sweet, dried apples, barley flour, neutral sweet, a little dusty and musty, citrus fresh, minty, icing sugar.
- Taste: Mid sweet, quite neutral on the palate both spiti and cask, quiet almost, barley malt, barley sugars, hint of apples, dry with a touch of mint and eucalyptus.
- Finish: Spirity, drying and a touch sweet.
An unusually quiet expression, very restrained, a touch minty which worries me of a slightly underactive 3rd fill+ cask perhaps?
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt