Edradour 10 Years Old 2005 The Un-Chillfiltered Collection (46%, Signatory, Sherry Cask #74, 323 Bottles 2016)
- ABV: 46%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: Signatory, The Un-Chillfiltered Collection, Sherry Cask #74
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: sold out
- Origin: Edradour distillery
- Vintage: 2005
What they say
An indie Edradour, aged in a single cask from April 2005 to February 2016. This was bottled by Signatory as part of their wonderful Un-Chillfiltered Collection, with 323 bottles produced.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Toffee apples, Sherried spices, dark sugar and barley.
- Palate: Oily and mouth coating, with creamy vanilla and dusty oak. Raisins and fresh plums pop up too.
- Finish: More oak with a little hint of dried fruit.
What I say
A Sherry Cask matured (producing 323 bottles at 46% likely a Sherry Butt) Edradour bottled under Signatory’s Un-Chillfiltered Collection range. Distilled in 2005 and bottled 2016.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark ruby/blood orange gold (14/20), medium-fine tears and tapered legs.
- Nose: Sweet and spicy, ginger, dry leather, cinnamon spice, raisins, plum, apple, toffee apple, dried & very sherried fruits, barley sugars.
- Taste: More rounded on the palate than the nose, quite thick, oily and full-bodied, fruity plum, apple, raisin, barley sugars, malty, molasses, toffee apple, dusty oak, cinnamon gobstoppers.
- Finish: Long, spiced raisins, dried fruit and malt extract.
Great nose with a heavy sherry influence but much more balanced on the palate, finishes with a lovely mouth-puckering dried fruits.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review