Aberfeldy vintage 2005 Bourbon hogshead
- ABV: 56.8%
- Age: 14 Years Old
- Bottling: Lady of the Glen, Bourbon Hogshead, #304420
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £98 available from Lady of the Glen
- Origin: Aberfeldy distillery
- Vintage: 2005
What they say
- Age of Whisky: 14 years old
- Alcohol by Volume: 56.80%
- Size of Bottle: 70cl
- Cask Yield: 184
- Cask: #304420 Bourbon Hogshead
Founded in 1896 on the banks of the River Tay. A medium bodied distillate with honey and fruity notes beautifully matured in a traditional bourbon cask.
A wonderfully rare addition to the Lady of the Glen portfolio of casks.
Fully matured in a single Bourbon cask for 14 years. Distilled on the 4th of May 2005 and bottled on the 9th of January 2020.
The cask yielded only 184 bottles and it was bottled at natural cask strength 56.80%
The tasting revealed orange marmalade, runny honey and custard
What I say
Sampled during the Lady of the Glen 1st Outturn tasting 2020 held at Young Spirits, Edinburgh with Gregor Hannah.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Yellow gold (4/20),
- Nose: Neutral sweet, heather honey, fruity apples and a hint of fresh mint, with a reserved or restrained vanilla.
- Taste: Medium-full bodied, chewy malty cereals, tart tatin, apple pie with cinnamon and vanilla custard, a black pepper spice grows, with water this opens up and becomes much woodier.
- Finish: Thinner a nd a little vaporous, sweet spun sugar, mint/menthol sours.
Another accomplished dram for a bourbon hogshead, a little of Aberfeldy’s honey-like nature shines through in this dram.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review