Talisker 10 Years Old (45.8%, OB, 2019)
- ABV: 45.8%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: OB, Diageo
- Category: Island single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £36.45 available from The Whisky Exchange
- Origin: Talisker Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Talisker is the only Single Malt Scotch Whisky made by the sea on the shores of the Isle of Skye, one of the most remote, rugged, yet beautiful landscapes in Scotland. Few whiskies tell the story of their origin better than Talisker. Its smell and taste instantly connect the drinker with the rugged environment – like a warm welcome from a wild sea. It’s a powerhouse; challenging but adored; once discovered rarely left.
The classic stalwart of the Talisker family. The perfect companion for when the day is done, smooth, smoky with a comforting afterglow.
The warm, subtle smokiness of Talisker 10 Year Old should be sampled neat.
Official tasting notes:
- Colour: Brilliant gold.
- Nose: Powerful peat-smoke with just a hint of the sea-water salt of fresh oysters, with a citrus sweetness.
- Body: Full and rich.
- Palate: A rich dried-fruit sweetness, clouds of smoke, strong barley-malt flavours, warming and intense. Peppery at the back of the mouth.
- Finish: Huge, long, warming and peppery in the finish with an appetising sweetness.
What I say
Revisiting an old favourite and a bottle that always rapidly disappears from my collection/shelf. The Talisker 10 year old expression has continued despite all the recent NAS releases from Talisker for which I am most thankful!
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark caramel gold (12/20), rare, slow, medium-sized tears and long, medium legs.
- Nose: Heady smoke and leather, dry, hessian, salt, stewed fruits, raisin, fig, malted barley, unctous and cloying, sticky treacle toffee, smoked scallops and oily fish/kippers, orange zest.
- Taste: Medium-full bodied, spiced malted barley in golden syrup, spices cinnamon, pepper, mace, rich & sugary, heather honey, smoked rosemary twigs, salty and tarry hessian rope.
- Finish: Long, sweet, salt, spice, dry leather and oak wood, cereal barley.
Awesome as usual! Full of coastal character, with a rich heather honey sweetness peppered with complimentary spices.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review