For nearly a century, Evanston, Illinois, the home of the Temperance Movement, was a dry city. In dire need of liquor laws that weren’t penned the same year as the invention of the band-aid, FEW’s master distiller overturned century-old prohibition laws to become Evanston’s first distiller of grain spirits within the city limits. Alas!
In a world chock-full of mass-produced spirits, only few remain truly handcrafted, and small-batched. (If you’re reading this, you’ve indeed found the finest.) FEW Spirits are a new take on timeless distilling techniques, and transcend the oft-ordinary taste we’ve all grown accustomed to. Distilled from the very best grains, aged to perfection, and bottled under their own roof, FEW remains in their own hands until distribution.
- FEW Bourbon (46.5%, OB, 2018) - FEW Bourbon Spirit review: An unusually spicy bourbon/spirit drink, lots of new make spirit influence and a good dose of new american/white oak wood - that's about where any similarity to (my experience of) bourbon ends. 70/100
- FEW Rye (46.5%, OB, 2017) - FEW Rye Whisky Review Category: US Rye Whiskey Origin: FEW Distillery Bottling: FEW ABV: 46.5% Cost: £66.95 What they say: Bear witness to the revival of rye. Born of the hearty grain, […]
- FEW Rye (46.5%, OB, 2018) - FEW Rye review: A rather well-balanced and drinkable Rye (dare I call it Whiskey?), not too spicy with plenty of fruity elements this is good enough to drink neat or has mileage for mixing into cocktails and longer drinks if required. Definitely improving! 84/100
- FEW Single Malt Whisky (46.5%, OB, 2018) - FEW Single Malt Whisky review: A rather unusual single malt example, does what it says on the tin. It's like Scotch single malt but only superficially, so I guess this really is a US style single malt whisk(e)y - I'm still unsure whether or not to include the 'e'! 72/100
- FEW White Whiskey (40%, OB, 2014) - Review: FEW White Whiskey Category: Unaged American spirit Origin: FEW Distillery Bottling: Official ABV: 40% ABV Cost: £32.95 for 70cl Score: 48/100 What they say: http://fewspirits.com/ “Out of darkness, comes white. The […]