FEW Bourbon Spirit (46.5%, OB, 2018)
- ABV: 46.5%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: US Bourbon Spirit
- Cost: £51.90
- Origin: FEW Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
This spirit, distilled through timeless liquor-making techniques, utilizes a three-grain recipe that infuses generations of Southern tradition with the spiciness of northern rye and a touch of malt for smoothness. FEW is hand-crafted through a small-batch process in charred oak barrels to age its bourbon whiskey.
What I say
Thanks to FEW spirits for the sample of this “Bourbon” produced similar to Bourbon whiskey but due to possible age of marrying components is unable to carry the name whiskey and so is referred to as Bourbon Spirit drink?
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Golden bronze (12/20) numerous, medium-tapered tears and medium-fine legs.
- Nose: Vanilla, new oak wood, furniture polish, sweet, bubblegum, popcorn, brown sugar, maize, play-dough, caramel and toffee.
- Taste: Spiced toffee, sweet, cereal grains, clove oil, popcorn, bubblegum, quite herbal and spicy with drying new oak wood.
- Finish: Long, clove-spiced honey and vanilla.
An unusually spicy bourbon/spirit drink, lots of new make spirit influence and a good dose of new american/white oak wood – that’s about where any similarity to (my experience of) bourbon ends.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review