FEW Single Malt Whisky
- ABV: 46.5%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: US Single Malt Whisky
- Cost: £54.95
- Origin: FEW Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Scotch? This isn’t it. But when you are ready for a downright delicious American whisky, made in the style of the Scots? Here you go.
Kissed with cherry wood smoke, Few Single Malt Whisky is the perfect addition to your after dinner enjoyment, but only in moderation.
What I say
Thanks to FEW spirits for the sample of this US Single Malt Whisky (Whiskey?) part of the broad portfolio of spirits from Evanston’s FEW distillery.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amber gold (10/20) quick, large droplet tears leave medium legs.
- Nose: Honey and sugary toffee or fudge, cinnamon spiced apple punch, vanilla, dry spices, coffee granules or milk chocolate/cocoa powder.
- Taste: Smooth and creamy, mid-light bodied, cereal malted barley, honey, some herbal thyme, apple, spirity and spicy, popcorn, cornflakes, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Finish: Medium, spiced honey and apple-coated popcorn
A rather unusual single malt example, does what it says on the tin. It’s like Scotch single malt but only superficially, so I guess this really is a US style single malt whisk(e)y – I’m still unsure whether or not to include the ‘e’!
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review