- Founded: 1811
- Status: Demolished 2011
- Region: Glasgow
- Online: n/a
History Founded in 1811 and built next to the Union canal in Glasgow. Port Dundas was one of the founding members of the grain distillers’ conglomerate DCL in 1887. In 2010 its owners Diageo decided to concentrate grain whisky production at Cameronbridge in Fife and closed Port Dundas.
The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Port Dundas 20 Years Old 1990 Special Releases 2011 - Port Dundas 20 Years Old 2011 Special Release (57.4%, OB, 1920 Bottles, 2011) Single grain scotch whisky 57.4% ABV, £136.39 Score: 89/100 What they say: The first ever Diageo Special Release of […]
- Port Dundas 27 Years Old 1988 Old Particular - Port Dundas 27 Years Old 1988 Old Particular (54.8%, Douglas Laing, Refill HH #10981, 218 Bottles, 2015) Category: Single grain scotch whisky Origin: Port Dundas Distillery (Closed) Bottling: Douglas Laing; Old Particular […]
- Port Dundas 36 Years Old 1978 XOP - Port Dundas 36 Years Old 1978 XOP (60.7%, Douglas Laing, Refill Bourbon Barrel #10421, 133 Bottles, 2014) Category: Single grain scotch whisky Origin: Port Dundas Distillery (Closed) Bottling: Douglas Laing; Xtra Old […]
- Port Dundas 10 Years Old (Great Drams) - Young, light and simple 1st fill bourbon-matured grain, really displaying mostly what these casks can do plus a little grain spirit character for Port Dundas - the likes of which we won't really see in future as it is no longer in production.
- Port Dundas 21 Years Old 1992 The Clan Denny - Port Dundas 21 Years Old 1992 The Clan Denny (55.7%, Hunter Hamilton, Refill Bourbon HH #9452, 2013) 55.7% ABV, £70 for 70cl Score: 78/100 What they say: CLAN DENNY Old and rare […]
- Port Dundas 36 Years Old 1978 Sovereign Cask 10431 - Port Dundas 36 Years Old 1978 – Sovereign Cask #10431~ 58.7% (Hunter Laing ) 58.7% ABV, £100 for 70cl Score: 84/100 What they say: A well aged, 1978 vintage grain whisky from […]
- Port Dundas 47 Years Old 1965 Scott’s Selection - Port Dundas 47 Years Old 1965 – Scott’s Selection Scottish single grain whisky 43.6% ABV, £90 for 70cl Score: 85/100 What they say: A 1965 vintage Port Dundas bottled by independent bottlers […]
That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Port Dundas 25 Years Old Batch 1 - A pleasantly fresh and light flavoured grain from Port Dundas with some fun salty, buttery and nutty elements to keep things moving along the palate. A touch of spice and zest lead to a drying and palate cleansing finish. 85/100