Lindores Single Malt Scotch Whisky MCDXCIV (1494)
1. What they say
We are delighted to bring our Lindores Single Malt Scotch Whisky MCDXCIV (1494) to whisky lovers the world over. Matured in a selection of Bourbon Barrels, Wine Barriques and Sherry Butts. Distilled from Kingdom of Fife barley through our distinctive ‘sister’ spirit stills and distillery bottled.
Long wash fermentation period coupled with an unusual sister spirit stills set up produces a malt of remarkable character for its age. The Sister Spirit Stills enhance and refine the wonderful flavours captured in the long fermentation period, through additional copper contact.https://lindoresabbeydistillery.com/shop/lindores-single-malt-scotch-whisky-mcdxciv-1494/
2. Official tasting notes
- ABV 46%
- Age NAS
- Bottler OB
- Bottling MCDXCIV
- Cask Various (Bourbon, Sherry, STR ex Burgundy wine)
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £46
- Origin Lindores Abbey Distillery
- Region Lowland
- Released 2021
4. What I say
The first commercially available release from Lindores Abbey Distillery. Sampled as part of the #LindoresAbbey Tweet Tasting hosted by Steve @TheWhiskyWire. Matured in a variety of cask types including Bourbon, Sherry and Red Wine
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Colour light amber gold (7/20) oily, quick medium-large tears and legs.
- Nose Sweet, grape soda, mixed fruits, icing sugar, strawberry cupcake frosting, raspberry ripple ice-cream (old school), rose Turkish delight, malty, nutty, honey-nut cereal.
- Taste Medium-light body, really zesty and sharp, once this subsides creamy toffee, apple pie and cinnamon, woody and tannic, herbal, with water, barley sugars, much softer, creme caramel.
- Finish Medium, woody and a touch bitter, caramel and toffee notes persist.
Pleasant with some presence of distillery character and plenty of oak wood influence. The cask variety adds to a multitude of flavours and aromas also.
7. Score 82/100
Categories: Lindores Abbey, Lowland
Leave a Reply