Yellowstone Select Kentucky Straight Bourbon
1. What they say
A delicate fusion of flavors from seventh-generation distillers, this straight bourbon features a handpicked blend of 4- and 7-year-old bourbons, for an exclusive old-fashioned whiskey that honors its deep family origins.https://limestonebranch.com/spirits/yellowstone-select-kentucky-straight-bourbon/
2. Official tasting notes
- Nose Rye spice with soft, leathered cherries
- Palate Smoked caramel
- Finish Smoky oak and brown sugar
- ABV 46.5%
- Age 4-7 Years
- Bottler OB
- Bottling Select
- Cask Virgin oak
- Category Bourbon
- Cost £49.95
- Origin Limestone Branch Distillery
- Region US
4. What I say
A revisit to Yellowstone Select Bourbon, sampled as part of the #WhiskyFlashBlog to celebrate National Bourbon Day 14th June 2022. Yellowstone Select is the base standard expression of Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky produced by Limestone Branch Distillery. Married from 4 and 7 year old stock matured in Virgin American Oak.
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Colour Yellow gold (8/20), fine tears and barely perceptible legs.
- Nose Sweet, furniture polish and oak wood, some vanillins and toffee, mentholic and fruity esters perhaps a hint of fresh lime juice and a touch of smoke reminds me a little of Mezcal, honey-drizzled marshmallows and cloying golden syrup deliver even more sweet aromas.
- Taste Medium-bodied, syrupy in texture, creamy vanilla custard and fudge, cinnamon, mace and a little chervil herbs and spice, later Muskovado sugar, caramelised like creme brulee top, there is almost something floral to the sweetness on the palate and aroma now.
- Finish Long, drying white oak, ground white pepper and nutmeg becomes leathery.
An easygoing Bourbon with plenty of expected sweetness and some rather herbal spice notes keeps this one interesting and entertaining.
7. Score 84/100