Fettercairn 12 Years Old
1. What they say
Aged 12 years in American White Oak ex-Bourbon caskshttps://www.fettercairnwhisky.com/en/the-collection/12-years-old/
2. Official tasting notes
- Colour: Sunlight and amber honey
- Taste: Vanilla and pear, with soft spices
- Finish: Refreshing nectarine and tropical fruit, with subtle roasted coffee, clove, and ginger. A memorable finish of sultanas and black toffee
- ABV 40%
- Age 12 Years Old
- Bottler OB Whyte & Mackay
- Bottling Core range
- Cask American oak
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £37.99 at Amazon or Master of Malt – £45.95 The Whisky Exchange
- Origin Fettercairn Distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Highland
- Released 2022
- Vintage Undisclosed
4. What I say
Re-sampling of Fettercairn’s core introductory bottling presented at 12 years old. Sampled during the launch of second batch of Fetterecairn’s 16 Year Old expression
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Colour: Blush orange gold (13/20), numerous, medium-large tears and legs.
- Nose: Fruity and sweet, orange, plum, apricot, pear, touch green grass, light biscuity cereals and some light honey.
- Taste: Light-bodied, clear, gentle, reduced sweetness and some light spicy elements, woody cinnamon, vanilla, some white pepper, fruit medley, kiwi, pear, green banana and mandarin orange.
- Finish: Medium, honey sweet, grassy hay and soft oak spices.
A pleasant single malt with plenty of fruity and grassy cereal influences and a touch of tropicality.