Dalmore Port Wood Reserve
What they say
An indulgent smooth single malt matured in American white oak ex-bourbon casks and aged Tawny Port pipes.
Utterly individualistic, this noble spirit displays a multitude of exotic flavours – a complete revelation! – Richard Paterson (Master Distiller)
Official tasting notes
- Aroma Sweet red berries, Seville oranges, plummy fruits and sticky toffee pudding
- Palate Nectarines, creamy caramel, roasted chestnuts and Java coffee
- Finish Rich plums, sultanas, Sanguinello blood oranges and macerated cherries
What I say
Sampled during the #DalmoreWhisky Tweet Tasting hosted by Steve @thewhiskywire.
- ABV 46.5%
- Age NAS
- Bottler Official
- Bottling Port Wood Resercve
- Cask Bourbon and Port
- Category Highland single malt whisky
- Cost £60
- Origin Dalmore Distillery
- Outturn undisclosed
- Region Highland
- Released 2021
- Vintage Undeclared
My tasting notes
- Appearance Blood orange ruby (13/20), quick, medium tears and strong legs.
- Nose Heady, fruity, floral, rose and strawberry jam, plum, orange zest, caramel, date and sticky toffee pudding, prunes.
- Taste Medium-bodied, quite spiced, orange zest, caramel, Highland toffee, some creamy vanilla, nutty, hazelnut puree and roast chestnuts, some red berry jam (quite light), milk chocolate, mocha coffee, candied plums.
- Finish Long, woody, spiced treacle toffee, herbal tobacco leaf, meal/malty, Parkin cake.
- Overall The Dalmore port wood reserve strikes a great balance between port cask influence and ex-bourbon oak matured Dalmore spirit.
Available from Master of Malt & The Whisky Exchange
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply