Fettercairn 22 Years Old 1995 Cask 2809
What they say
This Highland single malt from Fettercairn distillery was aged for 22 years after distillation occurred in a double pot still, before Samaroli bottled at 45% ABV in July 2017, with an outturn of 320 bottles.
Official tasting notes
- Nose: Pronounced woodland scents reveal vegetal oak, salted caramel, apple skins and a hint of richly malt.
- Palate: Honey, tobacco and diced almond as it opens, before oily malt, dark chocolate and suggestions of roasted oak reveal.
- Finish: A touch of tobacco and waxy lemon peels linger in a medium length finish.
What I say
Distilled in 1995 at Fettercairn and selected and bottled by Samaroli at 22 Years Old. Produced 320 bottles at 45% ABV.
- ABV 45%
- Age 22 Years Old
- Bottler Samaroli
- Bottling 1995 Highland
- Cask Undisclosed
- Category Highland single malt whisky
- Cost £260
- Origin Fettercairn Distillery
- Outturn 320 Bottles
- Region Highland
- Released 2017
- Vintage 1995
My tasting notes
- Appearance Sauternes gold (7/20), medium tears and legs.
- Nose Sweet, fruity and floral, tropical fruits, pineapple, dried mango, vanilla, lillies, malted barley, lavender biscuits, sugary honey, golden syrup, fresher grass, straw/hay, melon, fruit salad/cocktail.
- Taste Medium-bodied, clean and crisp on the palate, sweetness, sugary/syrupy, fresh fruits, melon, white grape, green apple, pineapple, mango, banana, some tannic oak wood, soft spices, white pepper and nutmeg, brass pennies and tinned pineapple.
- Finish Long, dry spice then honey sweetness, oak wood persists.
- Overall A simply delicious Fettercairn, stated as a cask selected by Samaroli but had me wondering if this was one they had matured themselves in Virgin oak? Floral and fruity and plenty of New Make Spirit characteristics made this distinctly Fettercairn – tropical fruits in syrup.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review