Jura 12 Years Old 2008 Old Particular 13982 Douglas Laing
What they say
From Douglas Laing’s particularly fab Old Particular independent bottling range comes a Jura 12 year old single malt Scotch whisky! This one was distilled back in February 2008 and allowed to rest for a dozen years in a refill hogshead, and then it was bottled in March 2020. Only 348 bottles were produced.
- Nose: Buttery pastries, rum-soaked raisins and a hint of candied ginger.
- Palate: Fresh peach, pear drops, mint chocolate, nutmeg and more ginger.
- Finish: Sweet malt and a hint of honey.
What I say
An Independently bottled Jura, distilled February 2008 and matured by Douglas Laing in a refill Hogshead for 12 years before bottling in 2020.
- ABV 48.4%
- Age 12 Years Old
- Bottler Douglas Laing
- Bottling Old Particular
- Cask Refill hogshead
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £50
- Origin Jura distillery
- Outturn 348 Bottles
- Region Island
- Released 2020
- Vintage 2008
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Barely gold (1/20), fine tears and legs.
- Nose Toasted oak, toffee, molasses, dusty malted barley, coffee, toasted brown or granary bread, fresh ginger, hint of new make, metallic, tin cans.
- Taste Creamy, malty, vanilla, cereals, buttery with a touch of menthol: Murray Mints, caramel, toffee, pear tart, cinnamon and nutmeg spices, chocolate limes and mint chocolate.
- Finish Medium, honey, malt, vanilla and soft mints.
- Overall Another pleasant under-cooked or rather under-casked Jura. Full of minty buttery toffee and a dollop of vanilla cream for good measure too.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review