The Glenturret 10 Years Old Peat Smoked
- ABV: 50%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £52
- Origin: Glenturret distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Peat smoke has long drifted through our history. In years gone by, peat featured heavily in distilling traditions and our records show Glenturret using peat dug from Octhertye Estate in the early 1800s. We are in the rare position of producing peated and non-peated spirit at different times of the year from the same small stills. This has allowed us to craft this mellow, sweet, smoky 10 years old single malt that shows its character off to the full at a strength of 50%
Official tasting notes:
SMOKE from the PEAT FIRE envelops. Fresh CITRUS FRUIT, VANILLA, and light SPICE drift from the embers with hints of SEA SALT and smouldering HEATHER.
What I say
Sampled as part of #TheGlenturret tweet tasting hosted by Steve @TheWhiskyWire.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: White Burgundy gold (5/20), medium tears, finer, well-defined legs.
- Nose: Sweet and ashen smoke, bbq sauce dripped on hot charcoals, wood smoke almost juniper wood, cooking fatty german smoked sausages, fruity peach and apricot
- Taste: Starts sweet with woody sugars, caramel, and spiced cinnamon, then tyres burning on asphalt with black pepper.
- Finish: Long, peaty, dark chocolate with a hint of orange oil.
A Highland peaty expression that combines thick peat smoke influences with Glenturret’s fruity spirit profile.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review