Ledaig 10 Years Old
- ABV: 46.3%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Island single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £36.94
- Origin: Tobermory distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
This extraordinary and distinguished hand-crafted single malt is Tobermory Distillery’s signature smoky expression.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Sweet briny smokiness with distinct island character and playful notes that hint at mild antiseptic, creosote, wax polish, mint chocolate and floral seaside aromas. Soft peat, gentle smoke
Palate: Tantalisingly sweet, medicinal flavours infused with enticing sparks of spicy pepper and dried fruit with rich peaty smoke and a velvety vanilla and malty creaminess.
Finish: A wondrous union of sublimely spicy white pepper, the vibrant sweetness of liquorice and a kick of cloves with a exquisite lingering saltiness.
What I say
Dram #4 from WOLS 2020 T6 Halloween / Rising From The Dead tasting. Ledaig is the peaty expression produced by Tobermory distillery which has been closed and reopened on numerous occasions during its chequered history.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark amber gold (11/20), quick, medium tears and medium-fine legs.
- Nose: Sweaty and smoky, earthy and peaty, smoked beef, malty and sweet, dried fruits, sherry, wood, vanilla, iodine, nutty.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, salted caramel, peat smoke, iodine, cherry and black cherry, raisin, blackberry, oranges, earthy and woody with cask char.
- Finish: Medium-long, sweet salted caramel and gentle, earthy peat smoke.
A lovely expression full of salted caramel and soft peat smoke.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review