Glen Scotia 14 Year Old Tawny Port Finish Campbeltown Malts Festival 2020
- ABV: 52.8%
- Age: 14 Years Old
- Bottling: OB, Campbeltown Malts Festival 2020
- Category: Campbeltown single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £74.95
- Origin: Glen Scotia distillery
- Vintage: 2006
What they say
This Limited Edition Campbeltown Single Malt Whisky has been specially
created to celebrate the 2020 Campbeltown Malt Festival.
istilled in 2006, the Glen Scotia ‘Tawny Port’ Festival Edition is a peated Campbeltown Malt that has been matured in a mix of refill American hogsheads, medium char American oak and first fill bourbon barrels before being finished in first fill Tawny Port hogsheads and then bottled at cask strength 52.8% ABV.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Blackberry, floral notes of rose and ocean spray.
Palate: Silky mouthfeel, crisp green apple, peach syrup and vanilla with a honey sweetness.
Finish: Gentle peat smoke with blackcurrant, raspberry and clove spice.
What I say
Dram #5 from WOLS 2020 T6 Halloween / Rising From The Dead tasting. Glen Scotia’s bottling for the Campbeltown Malts Festival 2020 which thanks to COVID19 became a virtual festival.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark rose gold (12/20), quick, large tears and tapered, fine legs.
- Nose: Sweet, strawberry & rose and marshmallow, toasted, smoked, malted, heather honey, coastal sea-spray, raspberry coulis, engine oil, tarry, toffee.
- Taste: Mouth-coating, smooth, sweet, red berry/strawberry/raspberry smoothie, salted caramel, clove and mint leaf, charred oak wood, molasses, cinnamon and Jamaican ginger cake.
- Finish: Long, drying, clove, wintergreen, oddly floral violet, strawberry and black pepper, jam on brown toast.
Full of jammy red fruits, peat smoke and oily coastal influences, mixed to perfection.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review