Glenglassaugh 10 Years Old 2009 UK Exclusive Cask (55.9%, OB, Bourbon Barrel #559, 191 Bottles, 2020)
- ABV: 55.9%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: OB, Coastal Cask Collection, Cask #559
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £89
- Origin: Glenglassaugh distillery
- Vintage: 2009
What they say
See press release Glenglassaugh release the Coastal Cask Collection
Cask 559 (UK)
Aged: 10 Years Old
Cask Type: Bourbon Barrel
Spirit Type: Peated
Official tasting notes:
Colour: Harvest gold
Nose: Fruit syrup and salted sea samphire with smoked barley and rhubarb
Palate: Rhubarb custard and salted mango puree with lingering pineapple, toasted sesame and coconut
What I say
From the Glenglassaugh Coastal Cask Collection this is a 10 year old peated Glenglassaugh matured in a bourbon barrel and released as the UK Exclusive.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Orange amber gold (10/20), slow, medium tears, fine, tapered legs.
- Nose: Sweet vanilla and gentle peat smoke, fudge, caramel, tablet!, soft fruits, floral, soap or washing powder, lemon citrus, polished wood, musty and earthy peat.
- Taste: Rich and full-bodied, ashen peat smoke, apple, nutty, chilli chocolate, sweet salted caramel, tablet, vanilla, spiced ginger, black pepper and freshly grated nutmeg.
- Finish: Long, sweet and dry smoke, tobacco leaf, black pepper and liqourice.
A lovely mixture of sweet vanilla tablet and ashen peat embers.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt