Glenglassaugh 10 Years Old 2009 Distillery Exclusive Cask 1346
- ABV: 54.7%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: OB, Coastal Cask Collection, Cask #1346
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £89
- Origin: Glenglassaugh distillery
- Vintage: 2009
What they say
See press release Glenglassaugh release the Coastal Cask Collection
Cask 1346 (Distillery exclusive)
Aged: 10 Years Old
Cask Type: Bourbon Barrel
Spirit Type: Classic Unpeated
Official tasting notes:
Colour: Light gold
Nose: Bourbon vanilla, apple and crisp pear with buttercream and tropical fruit syrup
Palate: Pineapple, grapefruit and chocolate profiterole pastry with almond butter and lingering trace of fresh sea salt
What I say
From the Glenglassaugh Coastal Cask Collection this is a 10 year old unpeated Glenglassaugh matured in a bourbon barrel and released as the Distillery Exclusive.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Chardonnay gold (7/20), slow-forming, medium tears, well-defined, fine legs.
- Nose: Zesty, fruity and sweet, slightly tropical, orange, apple, pineapple, mango, some biscuity cereal malt, honey, a touch of salty coastal breeze across a summer flower meadow, woody, cigar boxes and fragrant tobacco leaf.
- Taste: Medium-full bodied, creamy polished Highland toffee, rich, salted caramel, nutty almonds and hazelnut latte, rich zest like candied limes, pineapples in syrup, later a touch of coppery metallic and peaches and cream.
- Finish: Long, zesty, drying with spiced toffee, prickly chilli flake heat and brown sugar crystals.
Very rich and full of nutty and creamy vanilla toffee, that core tropicality is there as well as a distinct coastal influence.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review