Laphroaig 10 Years Old Cask Strength Batch 012
- ABV: 60.1%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Islay single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £76.95
- Origin: Laphroaig distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Emphatic, full bodied and utterly unforgettable, 10 Year Old Original Cask Strength Laphroaig is the authentic way to experience the rugged character of our uncompromising Scotch whisky.
An Islay single malt that is matured in ex-bourbon barrels, barrier-filtered and bottled at natural distillery strength. This gives a depth of genuine taste and texture normally associated with sampling a whisky at its source.
Whisky at cask strength may overpower the palate, but adding water will release a rich aroma of peat smoke with some sweetness and strong hints of the sea.
Official tasting notes:
Sweet cereals with biscuit notes, fresh oak, smoked cedar and Manuka honey. Amsterdam pipe tobacco, shoe polish and old leather combined with a touch of waxy church candle, vanilla cream, nutmeg and oak extracts.
Sweet and spicy, with burnt oak staves, barbecued marshmallows, toffee and sea salt, vanilla and Belgium caramel waffles. Roasted coffee fudge cream on sticky toffee pudding, with a hint of white pepper and crushed cinnamon.
Floral with spicy oak tannins, iodine and sea salt.
What I say
Dram #5 from Water of Life Society Tasting 103 Scotch Whisky Regions. Smokingly Islay! yay!
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amber gold (10/20), slow, rounded tears and short, fat legs.
- Nose: Super peaty and smokey, red fruits, marzipan, bbq sauce, seashore/coastal and herbal, woody rosemary.
- Taste: Spirity and strong/alcohol, sweet and malty barley, woody oak and herbs, rubbery, a little medicinal, iodine/TCP, sweet syrup and honey, furniture polish and a little estery bbq’d bananas with vanilla.
- Finish: Long, tarry and smokey.
Nom nom nom. Another fantastic Laphroaig cask strength expression with all sorts of weird fruitiness showing up in the depths of this alcohol. Perhaps if watered down this would reveal even more but frankly it really didn’t need it!
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review