Tobermory 23 Years Old 1995 (54.2%, The Single Cask, Refill Sherry Cask #1201, 161 Bottles, 2019)
- ABV: 54.2%
- Age: 23 Years Old
- Bottling: The Single Cask
- Category: Island single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £145 available from The Single Cask
- Origin: Tobermory distillery
- Vintage: 1995
What they say
- Distillery: Tobermory
- Region: Islands, Scotland
- Age: 23 years old
- Year distilled: 1995
- ABV: cask strength of 54.2%
- Cask ref: 1201
- Cask type: refill ex-sherry
- Bottle outturn: 161
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Malt, grass and dark chocolate wrapped into cigar leaves.
- Palate: Plump raisins and limes rolling through dense green ferns and oak trees.
- Finish: Freshly cut flowers with oak and rich tobacco.
What I say
Distilled at Tobermory in 1995 and matured for 23 years in a refill ex sherry cask before bottling at 54.2% ABV, producing 161 bottles at outturn.
This post was sponsored by The Single Cask by provision of a sample of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Sauternes gold (7/20), rare, medium tears and long, medium legs.
- Nose: Fruity, apple, pear, pineapple, pineapple fritters in honey or golden syrup, gingerbread, oak wood, peach & apricot jam on granary toast, chocolate.
- Taste: Pineapple! Strong fresh and zesty dried pineapple, juicy and tart, golden syrup and honey sweetness, raisins, lemon/lime zest, grapefruit juice, vanilla, ginger root, tobacco leaf and cocoa powder.
- Finish: Long, zesty lime and ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg woody spices all backed by sweet honey.
Intense fruit and zestiness here and full of tropical pineapple. Lovely sherry cask influence with shades of spirit character still remaining, thankfully the better side of Tobermory spirit here.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review