Knockando 15 Years Old 1997
- ABV: 43%
- Age: 15 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £discontinued
- Origin: Knockando distillery
- Vintage: 1997
What they say
A 15 year old 1997 vintage single malt Scotch whisky from the Knockando distillery in Speyside. It has been matured in a combination of Sherry and refill bourbon casks. Knockando whisky is one of the major components to the renowned J&B blend.
MoM tasting notes:
- Nose: Good core of golden malt, a slight hint of sweet apple flesh and cinnamon.
- Palate: Very malty. Suggestions of almond butter and milk chocolate.
- Finish: A whack of Sherried malt barges in on the long finish.
What I say
Distilled at Knockando distillery during the 1997 season and bottled at 15 years old.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Refractive amber gold (9/20) medium-fine, oily tears and thick legs.
- Nose: Juicy fruits and brown sugars, barely sugars, delicate/gently spiced gingerbread biscuits, orange essence, quite thick and syrupy, golden syrup, floral blossom and hazelnuts.
- Taste: Medium-light bodied, prickly spiced gingerbread, cinnamon danish, sugared nuts, florality on the palate, lemon fresh, linen, honey-nut cornflakes, coffee/hazelnut latte.
- Finish: Medium-long, honeyed cinnamon spice and chicory coffee.
Malty and floral, spicy and nutty, coffee, etc, this has it all but is perhaps a little too spiced for me.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review