Cambus 28 Years Old Batch 11
- ABV: 47%
- Age: 28 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, Batch 11, 435 Bottles
- Category: Single grain scotch whisky
- Cost: £114.95 available from Master of Malt
- Origin: Cambus distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
A snowy scene sits upon this single grain – it’s another cracking bottling of Cambus from That Boutique-y Whisky Company! This time, the Boutique-y bunch has managed to get its hands on a 28 year old whisky from the closed distillery, and it’s jam-packed with vanilla, boiled sweetie and baking spices notes.
Batch 11 is a release of 435 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Thick slabs of toffee fudge, grounded cinnamon, Campino sweets and a lick of vanilla followed by browning apples, spiced rum and a just a touch of icing sugar.
- Palate: Orchard fruits, juicy sultanas, apricot yoghurt and hazelnut whip, with some spice and minerality in support. Notes of vanilla ice cream, lemon sherbets and milk chocolate develop underneath.
- Finish: Long, sweet and elegant.
What I say
Distilled at Cambus grain distillery (presumably around 1991) and matured for 28 years before bottling by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company at 47% ABV, producing 435 bottles.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark yellow gold (9/20), medium-fine tears, tapered legs.
- Nose: Polished wood, pencil cases with old pencil shavings, solventy, wood glue and balsa wood, apples, apple bubblegum, chicory wood and cinnamon danish.
- Taste: Sweet apple and pear, still solventy on the palate which is oily and medium bodied, soft fudge, wood polish, caramel, soft brown sugar, toffee swirl vanilla ice cream, woody and mineralic.
- Finish: Long, toffee, woody oak, sweet lemon peel/candied peel, cinnamon.
Old & woody but still quite solventy. Thankfully this carries some oily weight which adds depth. With water this is much sweeter and smoother and full of toffee and butterscotch.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review