Inchmurrin 10 Years Old 2008 Heathrow Exclusive Single Cask (57.1%, OB, Cask #79, 278 Bottles, 2018)
- ABV: 57.1%
- Age: 10 Years old
- Bottling: OB, Bottled for Heathrow and World of Whiskies Exclusive, Cask #79, 278 bottles
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £59
- Origin: Loch Lomond distillery
- Vintage: 2008
What they say
Loch Lomond Whiskies has created an exclusive whisky for World Duty Free’s World of Whiskies store in Heathrow Airport Terminal 5. Only 278 bottles of the 10-year-old Loch Lomond Inchmurrin Single Cask will be available. The non-chill filtered single malt Scotch whisky was distilled in the Loch Lomond Distillery’s straight neck pot stills in January 2008 and bottled at cask strength (57.1% ABV) in February 2018.
“We’re delighted to have had the opportunity to create this limited edition Loch Lomond Inchmurrin Single Cask, which will be exclusive to World of Whiskies in Terminal 5,” said Loch Lomond Group Managing Director of Global Travel Retail André de Almeida. “This is a great example of a trinity project between Loch Lomond Group, World Duty Free and Heathrow.”
World Duty Free Commercial Category Manager Kathryn Kindness commented: “We’re delighted to be able to offer this unique, limited edition Loch Lomond Inchmurrin Single Cask bottling to our World of Whiskies customers at Terminal 5.
“Travellers won’t be able to get their hands on this in any other location in the world, so it will be the ideal addition for their collections or to purchase as a special gift.”
Heathrow Airport Retail and Service Proposition Director Chris Annetts added: “We are delighted to offer Heathrow passengers this unique and exclusive British product. Whisky is loved the world over and this additional cask adds to our fantastic range of distillations to suit every taste.”
What I say
This global travel retail (GTR) edition was bottled exclusively for Heathrow and World of Whiskies. This was distilled in 2008 at Loch Lomond distillery and matured for 10 years in cask #79 before producing
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Refractive white wine gold (3/20), large tears and strong legs.
- Nose: Malty, slightly citrus lemon and lime, hint of smoked meat and wood embers, crystalline sugars, tart apple juice, some pears, apple sponge cake and vanilla.
- Taste: Sweet and spiced, quite hot and a touch spirity, cinnamon, lemongrass, ginger and allspice, fruity apple, pear, clementine, dusty wood, sawdust, quite thin and then a little oily on the palate, light-medium bodied.
- Finish: Medium-long, sweet, spiced runny honey with lemongrass and allspice.
Good nose but a little light on the palate/body for me and quite spicy, made palatable by accompanying sweetness.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review