Edradour 10 Years Old 2005 Straight From The Cask #49
- ABV: 59.7%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: OB, Straight From The Cask, Sherry Butt #49
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £52.84
- Origin: Edradour distillery
- Vintage: 2005
What they say
Distilled on 9th March 2005 and bottled on 2nd November 2015, this 10 year old Edradour single malt Scotch whisky matured in a single Sherry butt. The outturn, ‘straight from the cask’ was 954 of these 50cl bottles at 59.7% abv.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Malt and wild stawberries, carnation, stewed fruits and pepper.
- Palate: Sweet spice and crab apple jelly. More malt, a small bite of mince pie with the pastry.
- Finish: Warming, spicy barley and hints of clove.
What I say
A Sherry Butt matured Edradour, distilled in March 2005 and bottled November 2015 as part of their Straight from the Cask series at 59.7% ABV.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Blood red with gold highlights (15/20), medium-fine tears and loose, medium legs.
- Nose: Sweet and malty, sultanas, dunnage warehouse, musty and spirity feints, apple jelly, strawberries and cream, leather, spiced oak wood, heady molasses, fudge.
- Taste: malty and a touch metallic copper, blood orange, strawberry, raspberry, plenty of balck pepper, rounded and sweet ont he palate, later highland toffee and polished oak appear.
- Finish: Long, spun sugar, berry compote and more leathery spice.
Delicious, very drinkable at cask strength this is quite open and sweet and well balanced between fruit and spices. Some spirit character comes through on the palate so not as over-sherried as the colour might suggest.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review