Teaninich vintage 2004 with Ruby Port finish (53.2%, LOTG, Bourbon HH #301010, 149 Bottles, 2020)
- ABV: 53.2%
- Age: 15 Years Old
- Bottling: Lady of the Glen, Bourbon Hogshead #301010, Ruby Port Finish
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £83 available from Lady of the Glen
- Origin: Teaninich distillery
- Vintage: 2004
What they say
- Age of Whisky: 15 years old
- Alcohol by Volume: 53.2
- Size of Bottle: 70cl
- Cask Yield: 149
- Cask: #301010 Bourbon Hogshead with Ruby Port finish
Founded in 1817 and now one of the largest distilleries in Scotland. The distillery produces a medium bodied spirit with a strong balance of fruit, spice and smoke notes. On this instance the cask is Bourbon matured and finished in an Ex Ruby Port cask from Josafer for four months
This ruby port finish single malt Speyside whisky was distilled on the 26th of January 2004 and bottled on the 7th of January 2020.
Matured in Bourbon cask #301010, this 15 year old Bourbon matured spirit was then finished in the finest ex-Ruby Port cask for over 4 months.
Our Ruby Port cask was sourced from a family-owned bodega near Porto in Portugal. Ruby Port casks typically bring fresh, sweet red fruit flavours to the spirit.
This cask yielded 149 bottles and is a rare Speyside single malt whisky.
On the palate, soft red fruits, crème caramel and milk chocolate
What I say
Sampled during the Lady of the Glen 1st Outurn tasting 2020 held at Young Spirits, Edinburgh with Gregor Hannah.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Ruby gold (13/20)
- Nose: Bonkers vanilllic, madagascan vanilla pods & vanilla essence, sweet candy floss, strawberries dipped in white chocolate.
- Taste: Medium-light bodied, strawberries dipped in icing sugar, cream fudge, vanilla cream, toasted coconut and coconut mushroom sweeties, marzipan and battenberg cake, toasted almonds.
- Finish: Long, drying and sweet with more toasted almond.
Another masterful finish here, I suspect the original cask had done wonders with vanilla-infusing this whisky, the sweetness is accentuated by strawberry from the port finish, definitely one for sweet-tooths.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review