Glen Garioch vintage 2008 Bourbon Hogshead
- ABV: 55.3%
- Age: 11 Years Old
- Bottling: Lady of the Glen, Bourbon Hogshead, #3194
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £84 available from Lady of the Glen
- Origin: Glen Garioch distillery
- Vintage: 2008
What they say
- Age of Whisky: 11 years old
- Alcohol by Volume: 55.3
- Size of Bottle: 70cl
- Cask Yield: 320
- Cask: #3194 Bourbon Hogshead
Origins dating back to 1785 as Scotland’s oldest distillery. Producing a medium bodied spirit with a balance of honey, nut and spice. Fully matured in a traditional Bourbon cask.
A wonderfully rare addition to the Lady of the Glen portfolio of casks.
Fully matured in a single Bourbon cask for 11 years. Distilled on the 6th of October 2008 and bottled on the 7th of January 2020.
The cask yielded only 320 bottles and it was bottled at natural cask strength 55.30%
The tasting revealed melon, pencil lead and butter
What I say
Sampled during the Lady of the Glen 1st Outurn tasting 2020 held at Young Spirits, Edinburgh with Gregor Hannah.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Light yellow gold (4/20)
- Nose: Fruity and vanillic, fresh cream, vanilla pods, orchard fruits apple, pear, melon
- Taste: Full-bodied on the palate, sweet and buttery, almost a little fatty, orchard fruits; apple, pear, green kiwi and galia melon, biscuity cereal barley, vanillic oak, a little fizz, citric lemon and peach skin
- Finish: Long, vaporous and spirity with more creamy vanilla
A nice and gentle introductory dram, fruity and creamy with some more developed ‘green’ kiwi and melon flavours.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review