Bunnahabhain vintage 2009 Sherry Hogshead (54.3%, LOTG, Sherry HH #901203, 320 Bottles, 2020)
- ABV: 54.3%
- Age: 9 Years Old
- Bottling: Lady of the Glen, Sherry Hogshead, #901203
- Category: Islay single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £122 available from Lady of the Glen
- Origin: Bunnahabhain distillery
- Vintage: 2009
What they say
- Age of Whisky: 9 years old
- Alcohol by Volume: 66.7
- Size of Bottle: 70cl
- Cask Yield: 320
- Cask: #901203 Sherry Hogshead
Founded in 1881 on the Northern shore of Islay. An unpeated distillate with citrus fruit and honey notes fully matured in a first fill Oloroso Sherry Hogshead
This Bunna Sherry Bomb went down a treat at our launch tasting!
Fully matured in a single Sherry Hogshead cask for 9 years. Distilled on the 11th of November 2010 and bottled on the 9th of January 2020.
The cask yielded only 320 bottles and it was bottled at natural cask strength 66.70%
The tasting revealed mixed citrus peel, dried apricot and walnut.
What I say
Sampled during the Lady of the Glen 1st Outurn tasting 2020 held at Young Spirits, Edinburgh with Gregor Hannah.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Toffee brown (16/20)
- Nose: Rich, toffee, fig, orange oil and peel, perhaps a hint of sulphur/rubber
- Taste: Full-bodied, rich and sweet with plenty of spices, figs, dates, rich barley malt, orange peel some candied, ginger in dark chocolate, nutty walnut and brazil nuts.
- Finish: Long, sweet, nutty and spiced.
A delicious sherry-matured Bunnahabhain the retains an orange oil zestiness from youth but with plenty of well-developed sherry influences too.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt