Glen Grant 20 Years Old 1992 Dimensions
- ABV: 46%
- Age: 20 Years Old
- Bottling: Duncan Taylor, Dimensions, Batch #0001
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £discontinued
- Origin: Glen Grant distillery
- Vintage: 1992
What they say
20 year old single malt from the gorgeous Glen Grant distillery, bottled by the talented hands at Duncan Taylor. Maturation started in November 1992 and finished in August 2013, when it was bottled for the Dimensions range as part of batch #0001.
What I say
Another Dimensions Glen Grant, labelled Batch #0001 producing only 120 bottles, I wonder if this Refill HH was split to fill some Octaves for Duncan Taylor to investigate alternative maturation finishes perhaps?
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: White wine gold (6/20), slow, medium tears, well-defined legs.
- Nose: Fragrant and sweet, apple pie, cinnamon, honey, golden syrup, lemon turkish delight, orange zest, floral rose, lemon curd and baking spices.
- Taste: Smooth on the palate, vanilla, lemon curd, custard, quite light biscuity cereals, malty, creamy, lemon puff biscuits, honey , golden syrup, ginger and cinnamon.
- Finish: Long, citrus zest and pith, dry oak and sweet honey.
Sweet and dry with a palate much softer than the nose. Plenty of fruity spirit influence in here again.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review